Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix
Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix is an acellular reconstructive tissue matrix designed to support tissue regeneration. It is derived from porcine dermis, which undergoes non-damaging proprietary processing that removes cells and significantly reduces the key component believed to play a major role in the xenogeneic rejection response.
Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix allows for tissue regeneration by supporting rapid revascularization, white cell migration and cell repopulation, all of which may lead to increased resistance to infection at the surgical site as shown in an animal model.* Strattice™ Tissue Matrix ultimately transitions into host tissue for a strong, natural repair.
Its benefits include:
Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Provides support to the primary suture repair
- Provides for a strong repair supported by its excellent biomechanical strength**
- Supports rapid revascularization, cell repopulation and white cell migration, as shown in a primate model1
Breast reconstruction postmastectomy
- Helps the surgeon to support and position the breasts in the desired location
- Provides support to the medial repair, giving the surgeon control over the breast pocket size and position
- Offers enhanced ease of use - Strattice™ Tissue Matrix requires no rehydration or orientation and can be stored at room temperature.
Breast plastic surgery
- Helps the surgeon to support the tissue and hold the breast pocket in the desired location.
- Allows the surgeon to redefine the fold location by supporting the fold repair inferiorly or laterally
- Allows the surgeon to reinforce thin tissue and support the breast pocket to address wrinkling and rippling
*Correlation of these results to results in humans is not established.
**Data on file (Benchtop test data)
- Connor J et al. Retention of structural and biochemical integrity in a biological mesh supports tissue remodeling in a primate abdominal wall model. Regenerative Medicine; 2009 Mar;4(2):185-95.
Before use, physicians should review all risk information and essential prescribing information which can be found in the Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix.