Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix
Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix is an acellular reconstructive tissue matrix designed to support tissue regeneration. It is derived from porcine dermis, which undergoes non-damaging proprietary processing that removes cells and significantly reduces the key component believed to play a major role in the xenogeneic rejection response.
Strattice™ Tissue Matrix allows for early white cell migration, cell repopulation and rapid revascularization, which have been shown in animal studies*,1, which may lead to increased resistance to infection at the surgical site1.
Its benefits include:
Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Provides support to the primary suture repair
- Provides for a strong repair supported by its excellent biomechanical strength**
- Supports rapid revascularization, cell repopulation and white cell migration, as shown in a primate model1
*Correlation of these results to results in humans is not established.
**Data on file (Benchtop test data)
- Connor J et al. Retention of structural and biochemical integrity in a biological mesh supports tissue remodeling in a primate abdominal wall model. Regenerative Medicine; 2009 Mar;4(2):185-95.
- Burns, N, et al. Comparison of cross-linked vs non-cross-linked porcine acellular dermal matrices for ventral hernia repair. J Am Coll Surg. 2010 Sep;211(3):368-76
Before use, physicians should review all risk information and essential prescribing information which can be found in the Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix.